About the Arabeyes Project

Arabeyes is a Meta project that is aimed at fully supporting the Arabic language in the Unix/Linux environment. It is designed to be a central location to standardize the Arabization process. Arabeyes relies on voluntary contributions by computer professionals and enthusiasts all over the world.

Arabeyes has the following positions available.

More...

Updates

Khotot
Jul 22, 2011
Version 5.0 of KacstOne featuring a new bold version is now available. Check out the full announcement.

Mozilla
Mar 22, 2011
Arabic Firefox 4 is released today! Go to the download page and enjoy!

Mozilla
Nov 10, 2010
Arabic Firefox 4 is now available with the beta 7 release. Since this is the first appearance of the Arabized Firefox in version 4.0, please spread the word about it so we can get as much testing and feedback as possible. There will be another beta release coming soon.

Mozilla
Oct 12, 2010
Last but not least, Arabic Firefox 4 will appear, fully translated, among the Beta releases on Mozilla website. Beta 7 will be the first Arabic beta release of this version, after having fixed several RTL-related bugs.

Mozilla
May 05, 2010
Thunderbird 3.1 Beta 2 is available now for download and public testing. This beta release may be the last one for version 3.1, so Arabic Thunderbird users are invited to download this beta version, test it, and send feedbacks and report any bugs they may encounter.

Arabeyes News

Feb 01, 2010: Firefox for mobile released

The first stable release of Firefox for mobile (codenamed Fennec) is now available for Maemo. Thanks to Anas Husseini and Khaled Hosny for their quality translation of the first ever Arabic mobile web browser.

Full announcement.

Jan 29, 2010: Thunderbird 3 in Arabic
Finally, Thunderbird 3, the new generation of mail clients, has been released!

The Arabic version of Thunderbird 3.0 is here available.

Aug 18, 2009: Arabic conjuguator project Qutrub initiated

Taha Zerrouki starts an Arabic conjuguator project named Qutrub. The initial version supports conjuguation to all Arabic tenses and modes (Past, present, imperative and passive voices).

A web interface is here available, for further discussions please use the developer mailing list.

Mar 13, 2007: Arabeyes applies to GSoC
Arabeyes is pleased to announce that it intends to participate, for the first time, in Google's Summer-of-Code (GSoC) program. Arabeyes submitted its application in hopes of attaining permission to become a 'Mentoring Organization'. Google will look over our application and suggested projects/tasks to see if we fit their criteria after which "students" should be able to apply (Note: we were rather unfortunately not picked).

We'd like to thank Djihed Afifi for taking the initiative to make this happen as well as all those that participated and helped on Arabeyes' various mailing-lists. For further discussions please use the 'general' or 'developer' mailing-lists.

Dec 29, 2006: Arabic Gnome-2.16 Translation Complete
Arabeyes.org is pleased to announce that Gnome-2.16 has been fully translated (and 2.18 is very close to completion).

We'd like to thank our Gnome translation team members for pressing ahead in attaining this great goal (for further details please read this posting). For further discussions please use the 'doc' mailing-list.

More news...

Support Us

 Username:
 Password: